Yes, you can use a 64GB SD card; however, you must first prepare the card for use in the camera. If you have a 64GB SD card and the following steps are not completed, your Render camera will not be able to upload the photos taken.
In short, the card must be FULLY formatted using the FAT32 (preferred) or exFAT file system.
- Insert SD Card into your computer.
- Using File Explorer locate the SD Card drive letter on the left.
- The SD Card will be listed as different drive letters on different computers. Be sure you are selecting the SD Card drive.
- Right-Click the drive letter and select the menu Format.
- Once the Format Option window opens, select FAT32 for the File System.
- If FAT32 is not an option, you may use exFAT instead.
- Next uncheck the option Quick Format and click the Start button.
It could take 30 minutes or more to complete the format depending on the speed of your computer.
Once the format on the computer has completed, insert the card into the camera, switch the camera to Setup mode, then select the Format menu within the camera to complete the preparation.
If the card is not formatted in the camera after it has been formatted on the computer, it still will not perform correctly.